Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Duvet Covers....So EXPENSIVE

Jeff and I purchased a king size down comforter with some of our wedding gift cards! I was so excited to get it , until I realized that all of my duvet covers are for queen comforters. Sad face! I have been shopping online and found an inexpensive duvet cover for $35, which I thought was a steal of a deal. It finally came in the mail today.  It is a simple charcoal gray solid color.  I LOVE it and I can't wait to get into my cozy bed tonight on this cold night.  I am thinking though that I need another one, for when I have to wash the gray one or when I need a little something different.  But wow they are spendy!! Like we are talking around $100!! (for the ones with patterns).  I am thinking about sewing one myself.  I haven't sewn anything since I have been with Jeff (which by the way is 2 years and 9 months today! Yahoo).  So this will be my first sewing project as a married lady! I am looking to make one using two flat sheets as I think that is a cheaper way to buy that large amount of fabric.  I will keep you posted on this project and once I find a pattern and a good price on the fabric I will post pictures.  Kind of a boring post, but I wanted to write and this is what was on my mind! Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment